Sunday, December 23, 2007

Some things I have learned

I've learned a few things in my day. Examples:
Cuteness at the KFC
Sometimes cuteness can come upon you when you are least expecting it...like at the local Kentucky Fried Chicken. This was staring at me as I pulled into a parking space.

And when you give kids chocolate, craziness ensues:
Post chocolate crazy 1

crazy 2

crazy 3
Boing boing boing...

crazy 4
I really love this one. I think Lorelei is about to break into an aria.


crazy 5
Boing boing boing...

crazy 6
Boing boing boing.....

More words of wisdom:

Warn your stylist if you are about to sneeze. Especially if he or she is working on your bangs.

Don't run a red light while in the presence of bloggers. 'Cause thou wilst never hear the end of it.

A sick dog will prepare to vomit by walking OFF the linoleum and move to the carpet.

Wet gravel does not hold up a car.

A love story about an owl just might turn out beautifully.
Speaking of our beautiful Junior, I received some awesome photos of him, thanks to his new "people"....
He is being trained for flight demonstrations:

IMG_018000

IMG_017989
LOOK at that wing span!!!!!


IMG_018010
Kill it, Junior! Get the fake skunk! Sic 'em!

My heart just swells up huge when I look at these pictures. He is happy, he is loved, he is busy learning new things. And since he is a very young great horned owl (three or so) he has a long life ahead of him.
I would LOVE to have a flighted, imprinted bird to use at RAPTOR. Imagine that. It's tres cool to handle these guys and have them sit patiently (most of the time) on my hand, but to have one that you can release to fly over a crowd and return to you? OMG.

5 comments:

nina at Nature Remains. said...

Junior looks marvelous! Such an awesome bird.

Best wishes to you and your family for the holidays!

NatureWoman said...

Now *that* would be totally awesome Susan! Hopefully you'll be able to do that soon!

Mary said...

Ahhh, Junior. Doing so well. Heck, I haven't met him but I'm so proud! (of you, too!)

Your boing boing boing photos are a scream. You really know how to tell a story, Susan :o)

Merry Christmas to you!

Dave Dorsey said...

How about adults on chocolate?

That's awsome about Jr. We're working on the same thing with Ghost our Snowy. I have another handler in training now.

dguzman said...

Go Junior!

A nice year--glad to have been a part of it, and looking forward to more this year! (minus the towtruck)