1. Learn how to go from sixty to zero in less than three seconds.
2. Learn how to drive with one eye on the road and the other aimed at telephone poles.
3. Get involved with a rescue group.
4. Get to know the subtle (and not so subtle) differences in your local residents.
5. While you are learning, don't get your feathers in a bunch.
6. Keep looking up.
7. Even if you feel like giving up, practice patience.
8. Always have your camera ready.
10. Keep your sense of humor.
11. Let the love fill you up.