Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Flock desends on Cape May

Greetings, all! Since we are sitting in a very loud bar and blogging while a live band plays, I will try to be brief.
The Flock is alive and well in Cape May. I think that I will be able to stretch all the pictures and stories out for weeks.
First of all, I think I want to come back as a bird in Cape May. Forget anything you ever thought about New Jersey. Southern New Jersey is gorgeous and clean and fantastic. I will have a very hard time leaving Monday.
Just to get right to it and show you some of the festivities so far:


Birds and Beers, last night:
patrick mike and delia
Patrick, Delia and Mike



Elizabird the horny devil
The fabulous Liz, that horny devil



My 9 dollar drink
Sherry had one of these, so I got one. It was fab....and it cost $9.


Birdchick French Onion soup
Birdchick has a THING about stretchy foods.



Birdchick on the bar
I've heard that some birders are rather extroverted.



a salty dog
Captain Ahab disapproves.


tiny crab
So does this crab


Birds and beers
The Birds and Beers Crew ( I will list them all when it's quiet enough to think)


osprey
My very best photo of any raptor ever.....an osprey flew right over our heads, facing the sun and being a very very good bird.

The Flock
The Flock strikes a pose

More tomorrow, when the bass isn't turned up so loud.

8 comments:

Geoff Williams said...

Aside from giving me a heart attack with one of the photos (a $9 drink?!), it was a lot of fun seeing these pictures. It looks like you're having a wonderful time, honey. That last beach shot really says it all.

Anonymous said...

Susan, et al . . wish I could have been their and looks like everyone is having a blast! Can't wait to see more photos of everyone (and birds)!

LauraHinNJ said...

You're the best, Susan!

Kathi said...

Susan:

So comPLETEly jealous I can hardly type! Sounds like you are having a simply fabulous time, and I wish I were there. (Maybe next year.)

Laura says you are going birding at 7:30am - that must be a first!

What was in that $9 drink? Do I see CHOCOLATE swirls? Yum, yum.

Have fun, come back safely, and tell us all about it.

~Kathi

entoto said...

YIPPY! You made it! I am soooo jealous. I was at the yurt of terror, well, not quite literally, but it could have been. I'll post about it tomorrow when I am not beat.

Anonymous said...

It was a lot of fun, wasn't it? I wish I could have gone birding with you guys but at least we were able to raise a glass, albeit an expensive one, together!

Mary said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous. Good job, Susan.

LauraHinNJ said...

A Poem entitled, The Fisherman's Hymn:

The osprey sails above the bay,
The geese are gone, the gulls are flying;
The herring shoals swarm thick around,
The nets are launched, the boats are plying.
Yo ho, my hearts! let's seek the deep,
Raise high the song and cheerly wish her,
Still as the bending net we sweep,
'God bless the fish-hawk and the fisher!'
She brings us fish -she brings us Spring,
Good times, fair weather, warmth, and plenty.

Gorgeous osprey - I miss them already.