Lynne from Hasty Brook did this meme, and everyone else seems to be giving it a whirl, so here goes:
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate, baby! Eggnog makes me gag!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Who sets presents under the tree unwrapped?
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Both on the lawn, white on the tree...Geoff really likes the "old" heavy bulbs and all the "Groovy" colors, but I am the one who has to put them up.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Only the craft mistletoe the girls make at school.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
When I get around to it.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Does a dish of M & M's count?
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
A strange memory to be the favorite, but stick with me here: My parents, brother and I were coming back from Grandma's, and the car broke down. My Dad and brother had to walk to get help (what folks had to do in the days before cell phones), and Mom and I stayed in the car and snuggled under blankets to stay warm. It was a pain in the butt for my parents, I'm sure, but we were all in it together.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I was 6, I think. My brother told me. He sucks.
9. Do you open gifts Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
All of the above.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Before kids: Slowly, with great deliberation of form and style, each one placed precisely. After kids: The ornaments start about 3 feet off the floor, placed with haphazard glee by giggly girls.
11. Snow- Love it or dread it?
Dread it like root canal. Like a trip to the GYN's office. Like a colonoscopy. And there's nothing I can do about it. If I didn't have a car, I would love it.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, I can!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? (as a child)
The Christmas my brother and I got a brand-spanking new ATARI! A state-of-the-art technological marvel!
14. What's the most exciting thing about the holidays for you?
Watching the girls build precious memories that they will bore their kids with someday. :)
15. What is your favorite holiday desert?
My uncle makes the most awesome, decadent, melt in your mouth fudge you will ever taste, using my Grandma's recipe. (Funny note: the recipe has this instruction on how long to stir it: Until your arm falls off. I miss Grandma).
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
My family wasn't into traditions...and Geoff and I and the girls don't have any yet.
17. What tops your tree?
Nothing at the moment. I tried a new topper, and it's too heavy. Our regular topper is a Boyd's Bear angel.
18. Which do you prefer- giving or receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night, and my favorite arrangement and performance is Josh Groban's...that man was born to sing that song to perfection.
20. Candy canes?
Yes, as long as they have "real" peppermint, not those cheap, crappy candy canes.
21. Mary added this question: What is your favorite Christmas movie?
A Christmas Carol, with George C. Scott as Ebenezer Scrooge.
PS...Please welcome Ruth at Body, Mind and Spirit to my blogroll!