I won't embarrass Boomer by listing all of his faults here.
Well, okay, I will.
But first, his strengths:
1. He loves the kids.
2. He loves Nellie.
3. He doesn't mind taking a bath.
4. He doesn't mind getting his nails clipped.
5. He is very smart.
6. He is equally happy running and playing, or napping next to us.
7. He likes rides in the car.
8. He doesn't bark.
9. He is sweet.
But even this seemingly perfect dog has a few quirks.
1. He chases cats. And I don't mean just for a thrill. He has the intent to harm. Yes, I know that's the terrier in him and he was on his own for who knows how long and probably chased cats then, but other terriers learn to quell that urge, and Boomer will have to, also.
2. He is a garbage-raider. Yesterday, I was cleaning my cabinet of old food coloring and cookie cutters. I heard a crash later, and when I went up, I saw Boomer standing in the kitchen, with a look that said, "What?".
And this is what I discovered: