Saturday, July 08, 2006

Bird handling part three

I couldn't resist...a bumper sticker in the barn at RAPTOR caught my eye as I was holding the Great Horned Owl. I had to climb onto a chair for Marc to get this shot, but it was worth it. A little raptor humor.

Two-Socks, a male red-tailed hawk. Feisty but beautiful.
Great Horned Owl. A "pussy cat" as the others at RAPTOR say, but still worthy of the utmost respect.


You just gotta love a Barred Owl. They have a wonderful expression, with those big black eyes and soft face. They are all feathers, with very little weight or bulk to them.


I saw something driving back on Cross County Highway. I had seen it miles and miles away, and when I passed it, I could see that it was a mill of some kind on fire.

4 comments:

MojoMan said...

That bumper sticker shot is hilarious! What's a nice woman like you doing in a place like that?!

Susan Gets Native said...

Mojoman:
LOL! Hey, that's my sort of humor, that bumper sticker.
I also like to show the "boys" that I have a sense of humor about that kind of thing.

LauraHinNJ said...

Wow - you look so at ease with the birds! So, when's your first program?

Susan Gets Native said...

Laura:
No idea...I am still in the infant stages of really being bird-savvy.
I may LOOK at ease with the birds, but check out how high I am holding the red-tailed? He had just hit me in the face with his wings, so I learned a valuable lesson in how close I can bring him. I have a very healthy respect for those birds...even the little guys can hurt you if you're not careful.