Monday, June 05, 2006

Do I hear 5? Do I hear 6?

Well, it looks like it's going to be 5 bluebird eggs. When I went out to take this photo, I inadvertently scared off the female. I reached in to feel the eggs, and they are warm. So this is day one of Project Incubation!
(and Day -5 of waiting to adjust the box and new pole.
...see previous post about my bluebird box troubles.)
Count these...there are six tree swallow eggs. The little monkeys slipped another one in on me. So I am not sure of the beginning of incubation. I counted back and the day I discovered 5 eggs was 11 days ago. So it's anyone's guess as to when these will hatch.

2 comments:

Geoff Williams said...

Actually, there were 8 eggs this morning, but I was famished, and we were out of eggs in the refrigerator, and... you know, never mind, I can already tell you're not going to find any of what I'm about to say humorous.

Susan Gets Native said...

Why am I even commenting on that????

I mean, yewwwww.

I know where you live, Williams.