Sunday, April 02, 2006

Quote of the day

Some sort of nut trees at the Mason Dog Park

Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.
Rabindranath Tagore
The girls, Nellie and I went to our local dog park today, to yet again give Geoff some peace and quiet to finish that darn book. I am thrilled that my husband is so brilliant and talented,
but I will be so happy when this book is put to bed.
Anyway...the dog park was pretty quiet (maybe 5 dogs, including Nellie-belly)
so I started taking pictures of the awesome trees around me. I was feeling a Zen-like bliss coming over me as I saw a red-bellied woodpecker fly to a
nest hole!!
right above me...
And then Isabelle said she had to go to the bathroom.
By the time we got back, the woodpecker was gone.
Sigh.
Oh well. At least Nellie had a good time.
:-)

1 comment:

LauraHinNJ said...

Hey - glad you had a nice day with the kids and dog!