This meme was going around sometime before Christmas, and I don't think anyone tagged me.
Harrumph. Fine. I tag myself.
1. I have a weird thing about those refrigerated dough cans....you know, the ones that "pop" open when you peel back the wrapping? I freakin' HATE those things. And they never open exactly like they are supposed to. When I do it, it stays closed and I have to put a spoon in the seam and twist. But I do it like this: I gently rest the spoon against the seam, then squeeze my eyes shut and turn away and then push the spoon in. Even when I know it's coming, that "pop" freaks me out. Oh, and the way I do it....makes a big smoosh of dough ooze out and when I get the rest of the dough out, I have to reshape the whole damn thing.
2. I have a weird thing about windshields. My windshield has to be very, very clean. If it is just misting, just a little bit, I have to turn on the wipers. If a bug offs itself on the windshield, I have to stop at a gas station to get it off.
3. I have an extra vertebra, in my neck. Never knew it until I had an MRI in my early twenties after a bad car accident. My Mom found out recently that she has an extra one, too. Maybe we are descended from birds?
Or maybe I just have more backbone than other people?
4. I like to use words in inappropriate ways.
Like, instead of voila, I say VIOLA.
My grandmother worked with a broad who thought she was smart and effed up pronunciations all the time. The best ones:
When talking about the astronaut program in the 60's: "You know, those guys are in a very RIGID program (said like RIG-id, not RIDGE-id). They have to be smart and very MATRICULOUS (instead of articulate).
Even though Grandma is gone, Mom and I still get into hysterics about that broad from Grandma's office.
Another woman we know used to say potpourri just like it is spelled (POT POUR-EE). Now we say it like that just to be funny.
Geoff absolutely hates it. So we do it more.
5. I count steps while I am going up or down them.
Huh. Mix that with the windshield wiper thing, and I taste a little bit OCD, don't I?
6. The other night, Geoff and I went out to a movie for his birthday. While waiting in the insanely-long traffic jam tried to get out of the parking lot, some idiot in a truck came flying out of a side lot and came this close to slamming into my new car. I threw the car in park and opened the door and started yelling at the fool, "What the F*** is wrong with you???? Learn how to drive, you stupid JACK A**!!!!!", and all the while Geoff is desperately plucking at my sleeve trying to get me back into the car. The crackers wisely stayed in their truck.
So I guess Random Thing #6 is that I don't suffer fools gladly.