There are many things I have learned over the past weekend:
1. A Subaru is capable of holding 27, 567 of Kathi's bags.
(For the record, I had one suitcase and one beading bag. The rest of this hot mess belongs to Kathi.)
2. Birders have very strange mating rituals.
3. Bird Bloggers will take a picture of anything....including you taking a picture of them.
4. Bird Bloggers will point at imaginary birds if you point your camera at them.
5. There are people out there who will be thrilled to see a Black Vulture and do the Life Bird Dance because of it.
6. There is a company out there who makes Turkey Vulture stuffed animals.
(Three guesses as to who bought this...thing.)
7. Juvenile Black Skimmers will idly play with sticks.
8. It's fun to watch a Minnesotan dip her toes in the Atlantic for the first time.
(Yes, she is saying, "Brrrrrrr!")
>Friends are beautiful.
10. Bar tabs can be very large in New Jersey.
11. If you say the word "groupies" while on an Owl Walk, it will sound like "Herpes" and everyone in the group will stop in their tracks immediately.
12. Southern New Jersey smells weird. Laura says it's all the marshes, but I have to wonder.