Saturday, October 06, 2007

My emotional roller coaster

We went to Paramount's Kings Island today. It's THE amusement park around these parts. Think Disney World at one-tenth the size.
It was hot. There was too much sun and too little shade. The lines for the roller coasters were long. The food and drinks were too expensive.

PA060009

This is the park's version of the Eiffel Tower. It is a one-third scale model of the real Eiffel Tower. And it makes a good landmark to find each other.
"Okay, kids! We will all meet at the Eiffel Tower at 3:00!"

Oh the happy family leaving King's Island

And another happy family leaves King's Island with smiles on their faces and a spring in their step, and memories of their pleasant, relaxing visit. Don't they look effervescent?

More about rollercoasters:
When we got home, I checked the messages and there was one from Best Buy saying that my camera was ready.
WHOOT!
My mood went from dead-ass tired to elated.
I raced out to pick it up. And caressed it. And kissed it.



*******
The other message was from the lovely Mary at the Cape Harbor Inn.
That wonderful woman has a room for me. So I will be staying with everyone else after all!
WHOOT!
I came close to exploding into a million shiny pieces of happiness.
*****
To finish up, here's a picture that I took right before my camera died 3 weeks ago:
Juv Coop
A juvenile Cooper's hawk was trying in vain to eat one of the many birds on my neighbor's feeders. It's both comical and sad to watch young raptors trying to hunt. They are not as graceful as their older relations. They are hungry and they haven't learned the art of waiting. After it had scared off all the songbirds, it ran around the yard like a chicken. Poor baby. Try my yard next...we have lots of house sparrows.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to cancel the other room. It does have a 75% late cancellation fee. [cancellations require a six month notice].

There is also a 52% restocking charge and a nude beach surcharge.

The Management

Anonymous said...

Okay, somehow your post about KI has got me all nostalgic for Americana. Remember the Screechin Eagle? Now THAT was super scary. How'd the kids do on the rides?

HUGS!
cj/

Susan Gets Native said...

Management:
Yeah, thanks for the tip.

Colleen:
It's about damn time you read and commenting on my blog!
You know, it's sacrilegious, but I never went to Americana.
I was so deprived of things as a child.

Susan Gets Native said...

BTW, the kids wanted to ride everything!

entoto said...

Your kids are brave! Zoey is not much of a rider. I am not sure how Vivi will turn out. We don't get too many chances to try rides up here.

BTW, my mom is moments from KI. She sits on her deck and has fireworks every evening in summer.

And I am GLAD your camera is back.

NatureWoman said...

I *love* King's Island! Sorry it was so hot for you, though. Woo Hoo on getting your camera back, and for being able to stay with everyone else at Cape May!
Poor juvenile has a lot to learn!

CJ said...

I can't believe you've never been to Americana! That is just wrong, lol. If you guys ever wind up taking the kids to Holiday World, give me a call- it's not too far from here.

HUGS!

cj/

Mary said...

I would ride them all! LOL!

It's good to hear you explode with joy. Camera's back! You got a room!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Yay!!! We're all together!! Although I was looking forward to hanging out on YOUR beach. :)