Monday, May 21, 2007

Think, thank, thunk.




Lovely Liza Lee at The Egret's Nest has nominated me for a Thinking Blogger Award.
I recently commented on Mary's blog when she got nominated, that I am more of a "feeler" than a thinker. But one of my posts touched Liza and made her think, and I am so surprised and happy that I get to add this little thing to my header
(which Liza says should win the "Largest Header" award.)
I consider this blog my own version of Wahnbriefe, a form of ranting and self-mediated online therapy, but I have come across so many blogs written by people who get into my brain and change it for the better.
I love blog add-on thingies, and I never seem to win things often, so when I do, I display it. I have very stupid grade-school award and medal I ever received.
: )
KGMom Mumblings got this started at this post.

Five blogs that make me think?
Jeez....Just about every blog I read makes me think at least a little.

Ahem...
1. Look What Love has Done
Beth is a newly-single mom of five, ages 16 to 7. That alone gives her plenty of blog-fodder, but in spite of everything that Life throws at her, she is held up by faith and a wonderful sense of humor. Her brave soul is one that I am grateful to have found.
She is doing her best, and her best is pretty darn good!
She's already been nominated, and I don't see anywhere in the rules that says you can't double-dip someone, so there.

2. Nature Remains
I found Nina recently (well, SHE found ME) and I am so glad I have the opportunity to read her words. She is a librarian, lover of all things natural and shows such a passion for what is happening out her yard and Nature in general, she makes me see things anew. I don't "know" her like I "know" my online posse, The Flock, but I hope to learn more about her.

3. Nature Woman
First of all, how did she get such a great blog name? You'd think that particular blog address would have been snatched up long ago.
Pam is just fabulous. An intelligent, kind, fun spirit whose knowledge of history, flora and I don't know what else is a refreshing, informative journey. She has recently jumped whole-heartedly into birding, so that make her even more interesting. I love it when she rants, and she does it with style.
And I can't wait to meet her at Cape May!

4. Julie Zickefoose
Yeah, yeah, she's been named a Thinking Blogger probably about a million times, but who can argue with that? She is a repository of nature information and fun and passion. You can't say enough good stuff about Julie.

5. Trixie's View
Trixie is a transplanted Cincinnatian, plunked down way up in the frozen north, Alaska.
Her being a birder aside, she is also a mother who homeschools. Now, we all know what I think of "unschoolers", but I think homeschooling is a valid source of education for children if the parents work hard at it. And Trixie is doing a great job.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@
*******

Da Rulz:
Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging.

The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.

6 comments:

LauraHinNJ said...

Congrats to you Susan! I'd have nominated you long ago, but for not wanting to *play favorites*!!

It's funny to me how so many of us read the same blogs - guess we all have great taste!

Hugs and congrats!

Unknown said...

Yay, Susan! See, you *are* thoughtful! :) Thinking and feeling are not -- despite what many would have us believe -- polar opposites. One can be thoughtful and feel things deeply at once.

Love your nominations. Can't wait to read Nature Remains -- the others I've read and visit from time to time or regularly, depending! :)

You rock!

NatureWoman said...

Thanks Susan, I really appreciate you nominating me out of all of the blogs you read! You were one of the first blogs I started reading and I look forward to your posts!

nina at Nature Remains. said...

Wow--I'm thrilled! (and honored that I'm being read)
This is all so new to me, though--be patient, while I try to figure out how to add links!
Thinking is the easy part; its blogging I find challenging.

Mary said...

Susan - see, you are a thinker! A very funny one, too :o) I'm waiting for the laughter award for you!

You chose great people. I think all of the blogs we read are so great.

I remember your blog being one of the first I read and I still look forward to reading your "feelings" every day.

Beth said...

Why congratulations - you ARE a thinking blogger, for sure. You make ME think.

And thanks for the props. I THINK I am too busy to BLOG these days...but I'm lurking and reading.

be blessed today..