Sunday, February 18, 2007

Spaghetti and sunday sketches


I tried to get a picture of the spaghetti feast, but it tends to go so fast...
I did get a picture of the pot, with a few meatballs left.

Not much left
This is the simplest, yet most delicious sauce ever. Mary (Geoff's grandma) uses plain tomato sauce, and simmers round steak in it. And she throws in her famous meatballs, and voila.
Swami and sauce
Swami doles out the leftovers for us to take home. Yes, he is comfortable in the kitchen. Get this, ladies...he cooks, he cleans, he does laundry, he vaccuums, he does yard work, and he is a nice guy. Sorry, gals, he's taken.

Let's take a tour of the yurt, shall we?

The yurt's dining room
This is the dining room of the yurt.


The yurt's family room
And the family room. Or the living room. I can never remember.
The den
In Swami's den...a picture of I assume Swami and Swamette on their wedding day.
What the hell is this

Okay, I don't know what this is, either.
I have never received an adequate explanation, but it's hanging in the den.
There is a ring in the butt...what, to hang a lamp or something? Maybe your keys?


Coot eating a water plant
Lake Isabella: Coot with a piece of water plant ( I keep wanting to call it seaweed) trailing along behind him.
Canvasbacks and redheads
Here you can see both the canvasbacks and the redheads, and notice the differences. Canvasbacks: Very white backs.
Redheads: Not so much.

Eating spaghetti with a spoon
We had the leftover spaghetti for dinner. Lorelei insisted on eating hers with a spoon. I let her, because she's so cute when she says it.
"I wanna use a POON."

Twilight
And twilight falls over the Williams manor.

Sunday sketches:
sunday sketch 1 021907

Sunday sketch 2 021807

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan - just love your recaps and spaghetti is the best meal ever! When I lived in Pittsburgh, I had it most every night! Also, love your duck shots!

LauraHinNJ said...

Spaghetti is my favorite - only I can't make it as nice as my dad did.

How are the owls handling all the ice and cold?

Mary said...

I'd really like to know what the sixth picture is...I'm turning my head sideways to figure it out.

Thanks for the recap! We enjoy homemade sauce, pork and meatballs, too. Michael's italian mother trained him well. I don't make it, I just eat it.

I love the Sunday sketches! Good duck photos.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm spag sauce.
Nothing like a man who knows how to do everything domestic and otherwise. And he's a yak herder to boot.
Very nice yurt, but what the hell is that butt thing trying to predict. It reminds me of the medieval place I went to with very odd downspouts (pre-blog days or believe me girlfriend I would have photos). Water coming out of butts and stuff like that.
Nice bewd photos - can't wait to see various ducks like you are seeing.
And I love your sketches! Where *are* the bewds?

Anonymous said...

P.S. Predict above should have been depict! Typo! LOL!

The Swami said...

The sixth photo is a replica of a downspout from the monastery of Cluny in France. The Swami and Swamette (although she denies any complicity) bought it at a shop in Carcassonne.

Swami has always felt that if it was good enough for Cluny, it must be adding class to his den.

Unknown said...

Okay, the pics are great and all that but the "downspout" thing in the Swami's den has rendered me speechless. Wow!

Beth said...

I'm not sure it adds 'class' to Swami's den...maybe something sort of like it. All I see is...well...something that RHYMES with class, and it's rather odd-looking. You've got to be mighty courageous to boast something like that in your home decor.

The spaghetti, however, looks great. It's amazing what you'll tolerate for a terrific meal.

Good pics, girl, and a nice, cozy recap of your day. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Delightful. Except that butt thing. I mean, that's interesting but not really delightful. Your sketches are! I saw a play in Chicago this weekend and thought of YOU! I'm going to go see if I can find anything about it and , hopefully, come back with a link.

Anonymous said...

Okay- here: http://www.redmoon.org/homepage/homepage.cfm

Click on that and then scout around. We saw The Secret Language of Birds and it was absolutely masterful. Creative genius. And all about the songs of birds carrying our dreams...nl