Friday, June 23, 2006

Gratuitous rat cuteness

I know that most of the folks who read this blog think rats are icky, but this post is mainly for Rachel, my maybe-soon-to-be sister-in-law. She's the one who set me on this road to ratness. She actually likes to hear about my rats.
The babies will be 2 weeks old tomorrow.

This one is grooming me...a big honor in the rat world.


And here they are giving each other a little rattie hug. Awwwww.

It's nearly impossible to tell these two apart, except that one is slightly darker than the other. Other than that, they are identical. They are also both girls.

They are so cute, I don't know if I will be able to come up with names to do them justice.

Any thoughts?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww. They are so cute! I like their little white feet and dark tails, 3 of my rats are dark like that, but mine have light tails. Maybe you could come up with 2 female names that go together, like a famous female duo-can't think of any right now, but I'll let you know if I do.
Kevin's suggestion: Condoleeza and Hillary

Susan Gets Native said...

Tell Kevin thanks for the input, but I don't want the rats to fight and pull each other's hair out!
LOL
I have actually been to a "rat name" website, but they are all pretty pretentious.

See you at the reunion.

Susan Gets Native said...

Some names that my sleepy brain came up with:
Lace and Velvet
Rose and Lily
Diamond and Pearl
Sun and Moon
Gold and Silver
Dawn and Dusk
Fish and Chips
Chocolate and Cocoa (these are my favorites so far)

LauraHinNJ said...

No name suggestions (me sleepy too) but they are getting cuter!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, RAT names:
Plague & Pestilence
Boo & Bonic
Orkin & Raid
Parvo & hepatitis

LauraHinNJ said...

I kind of like Boo and Bonic!

Anonymous said...

How about Sugar & Spice for the mice.
ML

Shannon said...

Famous female duo....
Thelma and Louise!! Or how about Shansus and Susannon?