I really don't know if this is original. When I first talked to Cindy at RAPTOR, Inc, I said something was "a hoot", and she commented on how many "birdisms" there were in the English language.
Ever since then, I have wanted to try and list as many as I could think of. If you think of one that I haven't listed, let me know!
1. That's a hoot.
2. Birds of a feather flock together.
4. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
5. Chick...as in girl
6. "Parroting" what someone else says
8. Don't be such a "chicken"
9. Eyes like a hawk
10. Eagle eye
11. Pregnant women get a "nesting" instinct
12. If it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck...
13. The early bird gets the worm (but the second mouse gets the cheese!)
14. She eats like a bird
15. It's a bird! It's a plane! It's....reaching.
16. Freeze, turkey!
17. Bird brain
18. Feathered bangs
19. Sing like a canary
20. "On the wings of loooooove..."
21. Okay...I'm out.