Thursday, May 18, 2006

Tread gently???

There's a wonderful post over at Moose Hill Journal.
It got me thinking of an instance of such incredible hypocrisy as to astound a rational person.
While in line at the drive-thru at Starbucks (which I only use when the girls are asleep in the car) I was behind a massive Ford Explorer. I would never have remembered this person except for her bumper sticker, which said, and I quote:
"Tread Gently on Mother Earth"
Here's this nice environmental message on the back of an effing Explorer idling in a drive-thru line. And she was alone in the kids to worry about unbuckling or anything...just lazy.
Was she trying to be ironic? I doubt it.
I tried to get a photo of it, but all I had with me was my camera phone, and they suck when it comes to pictures.
I don't know if I have ever seen such heights of hypocrisy...I wanted to ram her bumper with my car until the bumper sticker was obliterated.


MojoMan said...

Wow! Thanks for the link!

Maybe one of those sneaky,subversive tree-huggers stuck the sticker on there while she was on the cell phone.

I heard about a bumper sticker that said something like: "I'm changing the climate. Ask me how." When I'm in a nasty mood, I feel like getting a bunch of those to slap on the local Hummers.

Susan Gets Native said...

Amen, Mojoman!!!