Sunday, May 07, 2006

4 more days until birding heaven

In four days, we leave for our (my) annual trip to the Mecca of birding in Ohio...Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge.
In preparation for this trip, I have been studying all the neotropical migrants, like the warblers...of which there are about 25 different types that come through Ohio on their way to nesting grounds. And all of them could be at Ottawa, because there is marsh, forest and everything in between when it comes to habitat. And shorebirds...and accipiters...and water fowl...and herons... :-)
Four days, four days...*Peanuts theme song comes on* *Snoopy dance*

3 comments:

LauraHinNJ said...

Isn't spring great - every day holds such possibility! Hope you enjoy your excursion and see lots of birds. What lifers are you hoping for?

Susan Gets Native said...

You know, I will take what I can get. I have so few birds on my life list that just about any bird up there's going to be a lifer!
Have you ever been to eBird? It's been my God-send for keeping track of all the birds in all my different lists. Hope I can fill it up with lots of new ones!

Endment said...

I hope you are having a WONDERFUL time