Monday, November 10, 2008

You found WHAT? And WHERE?

You've heard most of the stories...

The Herpes Story

Nut-cracking Cleavage

"Welcome to New Jersey"

Some of the minor stories, I don't have video or photos of. But they are burned in my brain.

Kathi just did a post about her ferry trip across the Delaware, which made me think of this little tidbit:

Sunday night, late... already in our jammies, Lynne and I were settling down in front of the TV for some normal time. Kathi was going to call when the ferry was on its way back (she was visiting Holly...a cyber-friend, not Kathi's dog).
I was dreading the drive through town to the ferry, but it was necessary...otherwise, Kathi would be stranded. Kathi finally called, and I got up and grabbed my keys. Lynne also stood up, and said, "I'll come with you."
Those few words stuck with me. I still think of them and smile. Lynne could have just gone up to bed and left me to my cold dark drive. But she went with me. God love her heart.
We went in our pajamas.

I think medical professionals have the best stories. There is no end to what a person is capable of doing to themselves, and that makes for good tales. Lynne works in a Lab, and any foreign object removed from a person has to go through Pathology.

As we waited for the ferry to unload, Lynne filled the chilly night with tales of Pathology...otherwise known as "What People Will Stick Up Their Bums".
The stuff one might expect to find:
Sex toys.

But also things that one would not expect to find:
Cell phones.
Knackwurst.

You know that screaming laughter than only women are capable of? We rocked the car with it.


Lynne Sunset Beach

13 comments:

LauraHinNJ said...

I remember a couple of similar stories from Lynne over dinner!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of traveling with my dog show friends. We used to chase people out of restaurants with our stories and laughter. :)

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Between you and Laura it sounds like that's all I ever talk about!! Good Lord we laughed hard!

The lady with the cell phone just forgot her purse...

Lynne, LOVING her bracelet.

Kathie Brown said...

Susan, now I'm screeming with laughter! Oh, and I've given you an award on my blog. Come by and see. You Brilliant birder, you!

Dave Dorsey said...

Guys giggle also and I am right now. :)

NatureWoman said...

A freakin' cell phone - ouch!!!

RuthieJ said...

Lynne is one swell gal and a good person to have riding along in the car with you!

KGMom said...

OK--Susan--I got the picture. You and Lynne in jammies driving through town to meet the ferry all the while you are cracking up over pathology stories.
And you went to Cape May to bird?

NCmountainwoman said...

Oh, I'm laughing and rocking as well. Nothing better than strange pathology stories late at night driving in your jammies.

Kathi said...

Thanks for coming to get me and not leaving me at the ferry terminal. They were locking the door behind me as I was the last one out, and I was praying you were there, since I had no other shelter.

BTW, Lynne and Susan were awfully cute in their jammies, leaning out the car window saying, "Hey, sailor, want a ride?" Luckily (or not!) I was the "sailor" they tried to pick up!

~Kathi

Mary said...

I wanna hear those stories, too! I'll have to wait.

I sure hope you relieved your bladders before you left to get Kathi :o)

Susan, like dear Lynne, I wouldn't have let you go alone, either.

Hugs,
Mary

dguzman said...

I don't know why we all don't just admit that, with the exception of KatDoc, we all went to Cape May to see each other and be rowdy! Were there even any birds there?

Anonymous said...

Susan (and Lynne) - thank your for picking Kat up, making it possible for her to come to DE and us to meet. About the time I was home and getting in my jammies, you guys were headed out in yours to pick up our mutual friend. Felt like I owed ya a shoutout for that. :)