Thursday, June 22, 2006

My Thursday

It was time for the girls to get haircuts. They were getting decidedly scruffy looking.
Lorelei after her trim. (Photo by Isabelle Williams)

I didn't realize I would get such a neat shot here. Far left, the mama TRES is removing a fecal sac from the nest. (A fecal sac is a tough membrane containing the waste material of the chicks. The parents remove them from the nest and carry them far away from the nesting site so as not to alert predators.) Directly to the left of the gourd is another tree swallow...but not the papa tree swallow. There was another pair checking out the gourd today. I can't believe that I got both of them on film.


When the sky looks like this, I look for tornadoes. Then I come to my senses and realize that I am standing in the middle of the yard near a very tall metal pole and go back inside.

I hate it when Blogger puts photos out of the order I choose. Here's Isabelle getting her hair cut. I had to hold Lorelei for her cut, but Isabelle made me so proud by getting into the chair by herself.

Mommy decided to get a trim, too. (Photo by Isabelle Williams.)

2 comments:

LauraHinNJ said...

Love that pic that Isabelle took.
;-)

Why are haircuts so scary for kids, do you know?

Susan Gets Native said...

Not sure, but it seems to be something to do with a "body part" getting cut off. Or sometimes they look so different after the hair cut, they wonder if they are still themselves.