Saturday, May 13, 2006

Big Fun at Magee Marsh (Happy Bird Day!)

This is how much of the Ottawa NWR looks like...wide open expanses of wetland. We drove the auto tour again this year, but it was raining and windy and the egrets were the easiest to see.
Black and White Warbler

Magnolia Warbler

My optics are good for yard birding, but trying to track a fussy warbler in the rain and wind with my digital camera is tough. Many of the warblers were very cooperative, though. This little guy almost landed on my camera.

Tomorrow I will try to do my listing, but it was a good trip overall. I'm hoping to get in a tiny bit of birding tomorrow before we head back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Reflecting the price point a little more rolex replica sale directly, however, are the crystal and exhibition caseback, which are mineral, not sapphire. What the caseback reveals rolex replica isn't a supremely jeweled and striped Breguet movement, either. The workmanlike finish of the mechanism is clearly where costs have been kept down, although, in another surprising and quirky detail, the rotor and other parts have been covered in replica watches uk copper. I liked that touch: it visually complements the movement with the rose gold finish, and adds a touch of rolex replica sale industrial chic. It also showed effort and consideration in an area which the watchmaker could have simply blown off at this price point. Then again, you get a lot from this watch, which costs under $250 (!), less than an eighth of what you'd pay to hublot replica service a Rolex Cellini! Similarly, I've also become a bit obsessed about acquiring a square watch of late, and rolex replica uk I enjoyed seeing how I'd like wearing one with the brand new, just-released Orient breitling replica sale FDBAD005W0 model, aka the "Producer."