Sunday, November 27, 2005

O Tannenbaum....(You pain in the ass)

A Christmas tree sure looks nice when it's up and lit and all that, but let me just tell you of my tree woes...
Geoff and I bought a fake tree the first year we were married, and it was okay for the first few years, but it is starting to show that you get what you pay for.
As we were preparing to put it up this year, we realized that we couldn't find the tree stand. This is weird, because the only thing I am anal about is my Christmas stuff.
So, Geoff went out and bought a very nice tree stand. It only had 2 screws, instead of the usual 4. But we tried it anyway. I put on the lights (I hate doing that) and all the ornaments. Well, it fell over....and over again....and over again.
So....we said we would take it back later and we went and bought another kind of stand. Well....that one is for LIVE trees and after putting our tree in this new tree stand, the tree fell over. After spending the day helping my mom put up HER tree, and seeing OUR tree laying on the floor with the ornaments all over the place, I said THAT'S IT and went out and bought a PRE-LIT, fake tree with it's OWN tree stand that is very stable and it's now up and I am Christmased out already.

No comments: